Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A mystery is solved......finally



Back in the day, I was a huge Pearl Jam fan. And of all of their songs, quite possibly my favorite was a song called Yellow Ledbetter. The guitar work in the song is pure beauty. It's soft and mellow and the melody makes me feel all happy inside. And Eddie Vedder's voice blends well with it as he sings about...well...that's the problem.

Eddie mumbles most of the lyrics and I've never quite been able to figure out what all of the words are. Sure, I've managed to figure out a few lines here and there, but the whole song, not a chance. To this day I still have no idea what the song is about, and it's not like the song's title is a big help. Yellow Ledbetter? What the fuck does that mean?

Then I saw the above video, and it all makes sense now. I don't know who put this video together, but they are absolute geniuses. I know know what all of the lyrics to this song are now. Thank you, kind strangers, for solving this particular life mystery for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ICEE dems. Anna no, anna no.
That's so awesome.
This post made me laugh, you made my day. In case anyone ever wants the real lyrics, enjoy:
Yellow Ledbetter